Take 3 - A course for parents of adolescents
Overview of the Programme:
The Take 3 Programme is a comprehensive evidence-based parenting programme for groups of parents of 10-18 year-olds. It is used extensively by parenting professionals throughout the UK and has been independently positively evaluated and is validated on the Government’s Commissioning Toolkit.
Take 3 has two main aims:
- to improve relationships between young people and their families; and
- to improve young people’s behaviour at home, at school and in the wider community.
To this end, the objectives of the course are to equip parents with skills and strategies to:
- nurture their young people by encouraging them and listening to them;
- provide appropriate structure and boundaries for their young people;
- take care of themselves so that they have more energy for their job of parenting and can also model self-care to their young people.
Young people behave better when they feel understood; when they have parents who are able to set authoritative boundaries; and when their parents value themselves.
Aireborough Children's Services are to deliver the programme starting 6th February 2019, with registration taking place at a coffee morning on Wednesday 30th January, 10am at Yeadon Tarn Sailing & Activities Centre. The course will be held every Wednesday (Term-time only) between 9.45am and 11.45am. Some crèche places may be available (with Kangaroo Kids, Queensway School) but please check with our office first.
To register for the course, please contact the office on 0113 250 6593 or alternatively submit the registration form below. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis, but those who are not allocated a place will be added to our waiting list for the next available course.