Take 3 - A course for parents of adolescents
Overview of the Programme:
The Take 3 Programme is a comprehensive evidence-based parenting programme for groups of parents of 10-18 year-olds. It is used extensively by parenting professionals throughout the UK and has been independently positively evaluated and is validated on the Government’s Commissioning Toolkit.
Take 3 has two main aims:
- to improve relationships between young people and their families; and
- to improve young people’s behaviour at home, at school and in the wider community.
To this end, the objectives of the course are to equip parents with skills and strategies to:
- nurture their young people by encouraging them and listening to them;
- provide appropriate structure and boundaries for their young people;
- take care of themselves so that they have more energy for their job of parenting and can also model self-care to their young people.
Young people behave better when they feel understood; when they have parents who are able to set authoritative boundaries; and when their parents value themselves.
Please note our course starting 27th February 2020 is now full and so no further places can be allocated. We are due to run the course again later in the year, so if you would like to be placed on our waiting list, please submit the registration form below.